Thursday, August 27, 2009

Permission

I remember trying to get permission for something as a kid.  If one parent said no, I'd go ask the other.  It never really worked, though.  My mom would always ask, "Did you already ask Dad?  And what did he say?"  I always thought it was worth a shot though.  I often hear Caden asking something, then he comes and asks me for something.  I remember my wise mother and our conversation goes like this:

Me - Did you ask Dad?

Caden - Yes. 

Me - And what did he say?

Caden - Yes.  (And Steve really said yes!  I check with him later.)

Me - Then what are you asking me for?

1 comment:

Allison said...

Or I hate it when Alan asks if he can watch TV. I say yes and 30 seconds later he asks me again if he can watch TV. If I'm really annoyed the answer changes.