Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Best Security Blanket

Dallin has never been a great sleeper.  He often wakes up at night either crying or he just comes into our room.  In the beginning of July, he started waking up every night and coming in our room.  He'd come to me, and I'd get him a drink, put him to bed, and cuddle with him a few minutes before I went back to bed.  Well, he soon figured out that if he went to Dad, Dad would let him climb in bed with us.  I kept waking up in the middle of the night with Dallin asleep in our bed.  

A couple weeks ago, after Steve put the boys to bed, he comes in and tells me Caden and Dallin are both sleeping in Dallin's bed.  (He sleeps on a full size be on the bottom bunk.)  I start thinking, great.  They're going to mess around and I'm going to have to go up there and separate them.  Amazingly, they both fall right to sleep.  Next night, same thing.  After several nights of this I realize that Dallin hasn't woken up once since Caden started sleeping in his bed!  Well, on Monday and Tuesday this week, Caden "lost the privilege" of sleeping with Dallin, and, wouldn't you know it, Dallin was up both nights!  We really try and encourage Caden to sleep with Dallin now, even if he does wake him up early in the morning!


No comments: