Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st day of 1st grade




Yesterday was Caden's first day of school.  I don't know how the other mom's do it.  I'm just so anxious about leaving my baby with someone else all day long every day!  I stayed home all day yesterday just in case the school had to call home, and today when I went down to Denver I was so worried I wouldn't be there to pick up Caden and he would be wondering around lost! :)  At least I know I'm being paranoid and can laugh at myself.

Caden seems to be enjoying school, but it's hard to tell.  He can spend 10 min telling me about an ant he saw a lunch time, but when I ask him if he sat by a boy or girl at school, he can't remember.  Go figure.  

So here are our pictures as we get ready to take Caden to his first day of school.  And, of course, Dallin wanted one by himself too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ahh...the first day of school for a first grader. I remember those days...The kids don't seem as traumatized as the parent. I totally know how that feels. It's so hard let our little ones out of the bubble. I remember the day both kids were in school all day. The house was so quiet, that I ended up having a kids show on as background noise. I love the pictures of the kids. I sure wish everyone would live closer to us!

As for the ant thing...Joseph still talks about the ants at school, forget about the kids at school...ants are the most important thing in his world. I wonder if that's a boy thing?

Let us all know how Steve is liking his new job!