Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our budding artists

Caden loves to draw. He spends hours at it. He was excited when I brought home a box of old computer printer paper from a garage sale. It was 1000 sheets and I could see his mind thinking up all the cool monsters he could draw with all that paper. That's what he mostly draws, monsters, dragons, snakes, sharks, dinosaurs, anything with sharp teeth and is scary. He'll make up these creatures, draw them, name them, talk your ear off about all the little details of the creatures, what they can and can't do, etc, then run around the house pretending to be the creatures, terrorizing his little brothers. I'm quite impressed with them imagination he has to come up with all that, all except the terrorizing his brothers, that is! This picture he was copying dinosaurs from a book and I think he did a pretty good job.













Sometimes it gets old seeing all these pictures of monsters, so I was quite pleased with this picture of me on my "ship". And of course he went into all sorts of detail about what everything was, but I can't recall any of it.













Dallin's pictures are usually just scribbles, so I was impressed with his picture of me too!

1 comment:

Koni said...

Nathan was that way with Legos - he would tell me all kinds of details about the ships, space ships, creatures, etc. that he would make. My eyes would glaze over after a while...