Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Parties


Caden had his Halloween party at school on Friday. Because Steve had a snow day, he was able to come and see Caden in the parade. Caden was so excited to see us. That's his teacher behind him in the great fairy costume.








Steve took Andrew home after the parade and Dallin and I stayed for the class party. They had a bunch of extra food so Dallin got some and ate it next to his big brother. They even had a few extra favor bags so they gave one to Dallin. It was very nice. They had a good time.














That night we had a halloween party at church. Dallin changed into his Devil costume and Tinkerbell had to stay home.


We had dinner, played games, had a parade, went trick-or-treating, and had a costume contest. It was fun, but went a little too long. After trick-or-treating the boys, that included Steve, were all tired and cranky. Steve said, "Lets go." They hadn't announced the winners of the contest yet though. I looked I my boys in their very generic costumes, which they loved, and knew they weren't going to win any prizes so I agreed. Steve took Andrew and Caden while I was left with gathering our stuff and bringing Dallin. Well Dallin was especially cranky and started kicking and throwing a fit on the floor. I was trying to get him off the floor while holding all the coats and bags when they started announcing the winners. The Elders were the judges and the first was for the cutest costume. I thought of the adorable baby unicorn or the sweet toddler lady bug when one of the elders said, "to the bowman little devil." It took me a minute to realize what he said. Luckily we were right by the stage, so I scoped up Dallin, who was still on the floor kicking (not very cute if you ask me), and put him on the stage. That stopped his tantrum real quick! He got a little certificate and got to pick a box of candy.










It was especially funny because the velcro at the bottom of his hat was bothering him so his hat was all scrunchy on top of his head and he left his tail in the car, which I thought was the cutest part! I'm sure everyone was thinking, This is the cutest costume?

No comments: