Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Tea



Caden's Kindergarten class had a Mother's Day tea party this morning.  Caden has been so excited about it.  This whole week he kept asking, "Is it Thursday yet?"  He told me several times I needed to get up early on Thursday for the tea party.  He even told Dallin that he (Dallin) was going to miss mom because mom was going to school with him (Caden) and Dallin had to stay home.  He was really excited about a surprise he made for me and every time he talked about it, he'd smile behind his hands, thrilled that he had a secret.

Thursday finally came.  Caden was a little disappointed I wasn't spending the whole day with him, but I told him he had to get everything ready for me and I would see him later.  My wonderful sister-in-law, Debby, came over to watch Andrew and Dallin so I could spend some one-on-one time with Caden.  

Caden was so excited when I showed up.  We all sat on the floor and the teacher read "Love you forever".  I think all the moms were crying as we held our "babies" in our laps.  Then the kids sang us "You are my sunshine," which happened to be the song I always sing to my boys.  It was very sweet.  They did hand motions with the song, but Caden was the only one who just stood there and sang.  That was okay though because he usually just does the hand motions and refuses to sing!

Then we got our surprises.  The kids made "all about mom" books.  The teacher read the first page and the moms were supposed to guess when they thought it was them.  It was things like, "My mom is very blank.  My moms eyes are blank." etc.  When the teacher read, "My mom is very cranky," I thought for sure it was me!  But it wasn't!  So I started to listen for eye color because I was sure Caden knew that (he's said it a hundred times).  So when Caden described me as "very nice, brown eyes, and blackish brown hair," I just looked around the room to see who it was.  

The book was very cute.  Some of my favorite things he said were "She spends most of her time feeding Andrew." (It really feels like it!) And, "Mom helps our family by putting us in different rooms."  They also put together a book they'd made throughout the year called Magical Handiwork.  They had different paintings made from their hand prints.  Both books very sweet and are definitely going in his treasure box.

1 comment:

Linda S Smith said...

very sweet. Those are some of the things you'll always remember. Well at least until you get my age.
-mom