Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mine was. Steve and the boys always make me a special breakfast, lunch and dinner and I don't have to worry about anything. For dinner yesterday Steve grilled some chicken. The weather was so nice we ate out on the deck. After dinner, I kept looking at the trampoline. It's never been so tempting for me! The boys and I went and jumped while Steve cleaned up. It was so much fun! It was one of those times that I always want to remember. Thank you Steve for making it all possible. Everything was just perfect.
I have to give a shout out to my brother Brent for starting Steve on the right path. It was Mother's Day 10 years ago. Steve and I were getting married in three days so a lot of my family was already in town. We were having lunch at my parents. All the men went in the kitchen to make up a plate for their wives. As Steve was making his plate, Brent asked him, "Is that for Lawanna?" Well, it wasn't. Steve was surprised, and asked, "Do you think I should make her a plate?" Brent's look said it all, and ever since then Steve has gone all out for Mother's Day. I love you, Steve!

2 comments:

Jon and Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

Brent still talks about that to this day. haha! I think it's funny that your dad makes steak for your mom every year...I hope she likes steak. We miss you guys!