Friday, October 23, 2009

Spelling

Caden spells pretty well. Every week he spells all his spelling words correct the first time. Sometimes he needs to look briefly at the bonus word, but after that he always gets them right. I still try and quiz him anyway. Dallin wants to be part of it too. He'll say, "I can spell 'run' R-V-T-S-N." Last night, as he was doing this, I started to think about when Caden was his age. It seemed to take a long time to teach him to spell his name. Finally, I taught him the song "Bingo" but substituted Caden for Bingo and that really helped him. I said to Dallin, "We need to teach you how to spell your name. What does it start with?"
"D"
Great! I thought I'd see if he knew the next letter, "And then what?"
"A-L-I"
Caden started to laugh, "No! Your name has 2 L's!"
"Oh. D-A-L-L-I-N."

2 comments:

Allison said...

Smart kid. I think Hyrum might pass up Alan with reading. Not that Hyrum's smarter but Alan hates reading and Alan likes it.

Jon and Becky said...

So who won the who's who contest??